A Woman Visible

Search for beauty. Search for adventure. Search for the visible you.

Monday, May 01, 2006


A while back I talked about how I wasn't sure about Dr. Phil McGraw and his advice. I'm still not a huge fan (how seriously can you take a man who hosts a show with guests that totally disfunctional), but I think he might have some interesting ideas about getting your head straight about relationships. So, after arguing with myself over whether reading a Dr. Phil book would be helpfu, I purchased a copy of Love Smart, his latest book on relationships.

Ok, so this balding, overspoken Texan is going to tell me how to become smarter about falling in love. Yeah, right. Well, I've read three chapters, and the funny thing is--he makes sense--good sense. So far, he's talked about figuring out exactly what you want in a mate. It's funny, I thought that I had under control--I thought I knew. Once I thought about it, however, I found that I really had never considered what I really, really wanted and needed in a mate.

I feel sort of silly about reading a book like this. I've never thought I needed a book to tell me how to find a mate. Does this mean I can't do this on my own? I'm not sure. I've tried, but apparently I'm not doing or thinking or acting right, I guess. Anyway, it is a curious book.

I've said before that visibility doesn't equal nabbing a man, and I still stand with that idea. At the same time, it is part of visibility. I guess when you get down to it, having a partner in life is a thing we seem to crave as humans, and I'm no different. I don't need a man as definition,but rather as compliment.

It's something to consider anyhow.

I'll tell you how the book goes...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger Willena said…

    I can't decide what color I want to paint my bedroom. How am I going to decide what I want in a man?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home